Growing up in Nigeria

Growing up in Nigeria






Growing up in Nigeria,
I was little but I knew my way home from school.
Everyday I would join the others home on foot
Some others would go home with their uncle,
their aunty or even their mother,
because their father was working somewhere
and may be home late.



My own parents were always at home,
I didn't know how they made their money but at least,
I eat food in the morning, afternoon and night.
I loved mama deji's early morning akara and agege bread.
One morning I almost lost my breakfast
because of the careless Okada man who ran into a Keke maruwa.
That day I saved my breakfast.



My own parents were always at home.
When I got back that day, I told my parents what happened to me,
but all I heard was 'go into your room '
and they started screaming at each other again.
I knew what it was, they were fighting again,
they didn't care about me even my mother.
That day, I promised never to get married
so that no child of mine will suffer pain,
because I was a victim in my father's house.

Post a Comment

0 Comments