Distances by Christopher Okigbo

Distances by Christopher Okigbo



Labyrinthus : from Belgiumwallonia (pics)



FROM FLESH into phantom on the horizontal stone I was the sole witness to my home coming...

Serene lights on the other balcony: redolent fountains bristling with signs -

But what does my divine rejoicing hold? A bowl of incense, a nest of fireflies?

I was the sole witness to my homecoming...

For in the inflorescence of the white chamber, a voice, from very far away, chanted, and the 

chamber descanted, the birthday of the earth, paddled me home through some dark 

labyrinth, from laughter to the dream.

Miner into my solitude, incarnate voice of the dream, you will go, with me as your chief 

acolyte, again into the ant-hill...

I was the sole witness to my homecoming...

Post a Comment

0 Comments